Web Site Hit Counter

Monday, September 08, 2008

Casey To Meet With Corrections Workers

September 8, 2008


ORLANDO -- Casey Anthony, the mother of missing 3-year-old Caylee Anthony, will meet with corrections workers Monday as part of the conditions of her home confinement.

During the meeting, Anthony is expected to get approval for any other trips she wants to make in the coming weeks, such as visiting with her lawyer in Kissimmee.

Casey was released Friday on a $500,000 bond for charges of child neglect and lying to authorities, as well as smaller, unrelated bonds for theft and check fraud charges.

Search Called Off

As for the search for Caylee, the search and recovery group Texas EquuSearch temporarily called off its ground search for the missing toddler, citing environmental conditions and concerns.


Many volunteers were seen crying and hugging each other after learning the search was over, saying they hoped they could just keep looking into something was found.

"I'm saddened that they're having to pull out right now," said Martha Stoetzer, a volunteer in Orlando. "Honestly, I wish we could keep going. I wish we could keep searching. I think there's been a lot of close calls, a bunch of great leads."

"It's very disappointing. It's very disheartening," said Michele Benigno, a Minneola volunteer. "I don't really quite understand the reasons behind it. I understand what they're saying about the wetlands, but I mean, I think they could still pursue it."

Counseling was offered to some searchers overwhelmed by the news.

No comments: