Web Site Hit Counter

Monday, September 29, 2008

Zenaida Gonzalez Tells Channel 9 "My World Has Been Turned Upside-Down"


ORANGE COUNTY, Fla. -- The woman Casey Anthony says last had Caylee Anthony says the accusation has turned her world upside down. Channel Nine's Mary Nguyen spoke with Zenaida Gonzalez at the RDV complex in Maitland on Monday morning.

Zenaida Gonzalez is the woman who Casey Anthony claims took 3-year-old Caylee. She said, ever since Casey Anthony told authorities that Gonzalez lived at the Sawgrass Apartments and took care of Caylee, her world has been turned upside down.

"I also do have those threatening phone calls at 2:00 or 3:00am, threatening my kids, threatening myself," Gonzalez said.

For the first time, Zenaida Gonzalez revealed her face to the public. Gonzalez is a single mother of six and says she is having a hard time coping. She wants everyone to know that she is innocent.

"To clear my name, to get some type of closure. I want the truth to come out. I want them to know that I didn't do anything wrong, "said Gonzalez.

When Caylee Anthony was reported missing, Casey told detectives the last time she saw her daughter was when she dropped her off at the Sawgrass Apartments. She said she left her with a nanny by the name of Zenaida Gonzalez.

Gonzalez said she never met Casey Anthony. She took a tour of the apartment complex earlier in the year, but that's the only connection she has to them.

Detectives believe Casey made up the name, but Gonzalez says people all over the country are blaming her for Caylee's disappearance.

"They call me bad words right from the beginning and tell me they are going to do bad things to my daughters for what I did to little Casey, I mean Caylee," she said.

Gonzalez and her Attorney John Morgan filed a civil lawsuit last week. They said they want her name cleared.

Zenaida said that she has been fired from her job and due to the incident; no one wants to hire her. Gonzalez also said she just got of the hospital on Sunday because of a bleeding ulcer.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

This woman Zenaida is another innocent victim of that sicko Casey...she probably met her once and decided to use her as a scape goat...

I can't believe she could be fired for something she hasn't even been tried for...shame on this state...there are labor laws you know!

CP said...

Is there any help line, web site or donations set up for the Z. Gonzalez family? Could you print those if there is?