Web Site Hit Counter

Thursday, November 20, 2008

Mark NeJame Suddenly Resigns As Anthonys' Attorney


Thursday, November 20, 2008 –

ORLANDO, Fla. -- In a surprise move Thursday, Cindy and George Anthony's high-profile attorney resigned as their lawyer.

"Unfortunately, I have made the decision that it is best not to continue my representation of George and Cindy Anthony," NeJame wrote in a statement released Thursday afternoon by his law firm (read full statement).

NeJame represented only Cindy and George Anthony, not Casey, and said he was working to help them as they searched for their missing granddaughter, Caylee.

"George and Cindy have a belief that their beloved granddaughter, Caylee, is still alive. Tips and leads continue to come in. I believe strongly that they should have every right to maintain their hope and faith that one of these “sightings” will miraculously be the one that brings Caylee home to them. What parent or grandparent would surrender such hope?" NeJame wrote.

NeJame, in his resignation letter, seemed frustrated with the Anthonys' willingness to do what they want and comment publicly to the media against his advice.

"Although I was quite successful in resolving a multitude of matters, I am unable to go further to help George and Cindy find Caylee in my current role. I can only provide my best advice and just respect any client’s prerogative to do what they deem is best, whether they choose to follow my guidance or not. However, there is little value or use I can provide to any client if they choose to act and comment at will," he wrote.

NeJame then turned his attention to what he called "inaccurate accusations."

"Some ignorant and judgmental members of the public though have made hateful and inaccurate accusations against me and others, when they had no idea whatsoever what was really going on. As my new, good friend, Tim Miller from EquuSearch, tells me 'everybody associated with this case gets body slammed.' However, like Tim, when you know in your heart that you’re doing the right thing, you just move forward knowing that right will ultimately win out. Some have falsely accused me and some others of being in this for the money. If they only knew how utterly wrong and misguided they are."

NeJame also pressed for respect for Cindy and George as they continue searching for Caylee.
"Allow Cindy and George Anthony the respect and decency of dealing with their hope and efforts to find their missing and beloved Caylee as they need to. Allow those with differing opinions on finding and searching for Caylee, whether she is with us or not, to do their jobs without interruption," he wrote.

No comments: